News & Notes:
- Help Needed! - As a wrap up to our regions study, we would like to talk with people who live in other states about their state. A flyer went home on Friday with details about the event. If you have a friend or family member who lives in another state who might be willing to talk with a group of 4th graders, please let me know!! Click here for the flyer.
- Field Trip #1 - We will be meeting our Poetry Pen Pals at long last on Thursday, May 30th. Permission Slips will go home on May 21.
- Field Trip #2 - Weather permitting we will be walking to Dairy Queen as an Economics social studies activity on June 4th. This is a walking field trip so no new permission slips are necessary and the ice cream will be paid for from our class field trip account. (Thank you to everyone who donated at Christmas!)
- Geocaching Event - As a wrap up to our year of learning, I would like to host a geocache scavenger hunt event. In order to do so, we need a minimum of nine volunteers. Click here for more details.
- Progress Reports - Progress Reports will go home on Friday.
- Mon, May 20 - last Run Club
- Tues, May 21 - NWEA Math test
- Wed, May 22 - Sports and Fitness Club
- Thurs, May 23 - Garden Club
- Fri, May 24 - Placement request forms due to the office
- Fri, May 24 - Regions Skype Day
- Mon, May 27 - No school
- Tues, May 28 - Safety/Mentor/WBEST forms for 2019/2020 school year due
What We're Learning:
- Reading - I am working my way through our final reading conferences this week. Each student is asked to reflect on their success with our reading strategies. These self-assessments will be going home with progress reports.
- Word Study - Word Study is not happening every day due to our testing schedule. Check your child's planner to see if we had word study that day. (It will say "word study day ___".
- Writing - We are working on our "This I Believe" essays.
- Math - We are studying area and perimeter
- Social Studies - We have begun to study Economics.
- Science - We continue to explore how animals use their internal and external structures.
- Cooking - This week we'll enjoy Preston's apple pie.
- Sharpened pencils
(Answer: area = 10 square inches. perimeter = 14 inches. Hint - if they are not sure have them draw a model first)