News & Notes:
- Crazy Weather - This crazy weather sure has done a number on our plans here at Bennie. There are a lot of things that have been rescheduled or moved around due to our unexpected days off. Thank you and the Kids in Room 107 for your flexibility!
- NAEP Testing - The students who were randomly selected to take the national education test took the test on Friday. I was impressed with their positive attitude and perseverance on this test!
- Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year - Flyers are going home today regarding our celebration next week. We will be celebrating two holidays on Thursday, Valentine’s Day and Chinese New Year. We will be studying the Chinese holiday and comparing it to other celebrations. Students are welcome to bring in Valentine’s for their classmates … a list of names is enclosed.
- Parent Teacher Conferences - There are still spots available for Conferences on Wednesday. Please use this link if you'd like to schedule a meeting. Click here.
- Fri, Feb 8 - NAEP testing for students who were randomly selected to participate in this national test.
- Mon, Feb 11 - Book Fair buying day rescheduled
- Tues, Feb 12 - Bennie Science Night at 6:30pm
- Wed, Feb 13 - Parent Teacher Conferences 5:00-7:30
- Fri, Feb 15 - 1/2 Day for students. Dismissal at 11:30am
Wish List (for Valentine's Day Party):
- 2 gallons vanilla ice cream
- 29 red solo cups
- 3 2-liters of red pop
- Our Biography Projects were a big hit this week! It was great to see the pride students showed in their presentations and projects.
- With our "Monday Morning Movie Clips" we talk about story elements. Ask your child what the clip was this week ("The Lorax") and how was it connected to our theme of "being a leader"? (Hint - the little boy showed leadership as he tried to convince the community to plant the seed.)