News & Notes:
- Spring Testing Season - We will be taking the MSTEP in Reading and Math starting next week. Following that we will taking the NWEA MAP in reading and math. During our testing window, we'll be cooking each morning after our testing time is done.
- Progress Reports - Progress reports will be going home on Friday. Please sign and return them to school next Monday.
- Mon, April 22 - Run Club
- Tues, April 23 - Cooking Banana Breads
- Wed, April 24 - Sports & Fitness Club
- Fri, April 26 - Ace award and Coins for a Cause Assembly
- Fri, April 26 - Bennie Family Dance at 6:30pm
What we are Learning:
- Reading - This week we continue to focus on identifying main ideas and providing supporting details from the text.
- Vocabulary - Our vocabulary quiz will be on Friday this week.
- Word Study - All word study groups have been adjusted for the last time this school year. I am pleased to see their growth in understanding patterns in spelling!
- Writing - We are focusing on using similies and metaphors.
- Math - We are wrapping up decimals and turning our attention to geometry.
- Social Studies - Our symbolic butterflies have returned from Mexico. We will be adding these butterflies to our hallway map this week. Click here to learn more about this project.
- Science - We continue to explore how plants use their internal and external structures. We have been using celery in colored water to investigate how water moves through a plant.
- Cooking - This week we'll enjoy Hailey and Ethan Rozman's banana bread recipes.
- Pencils - sharpened preferably
- Our celery investigations and models have been a highlight!
- Our "Monday Morning Movie Clip" theme has been cooperating with others. Students were asked to write about the importance of cooperating with examples from the movie clips we watched. Ask them to tell you about the way the characters in the movie clips cooperated with each other.