News & Notes:
- Holiday Toy Box Party - We will be heading over to the High School to participate in the Holiday Toy Box Party on Wednesday, Dec 12. The Kids in Room 107 will be making cookies to share at the party. Students are encouraged to bring in a toy, book or $1 to donate to those in need. This fun event is a great way to celebrate the joy of the season while helping others.
- Room 107 Field Trip Fund - In lieu of gifts to me this holiday season, I would like you to consider donating to our class Field Trip Account. Mrs. Magee in the office is keeping track of the money. She will inform me of who donates to the fund, but not the amounts—so I may recognize the students with thank you notes. We will use the money from our Field Trip fund to offset the costs of future field trips. (This fund offset the cost of our Lansing Trip and covered the bus fees for our Thanksgiving Field Trip.)
- Tues, Dec 11 - Cooking Meriah's Cookie Monster Oreos
- Wed, Dec 12 - Holiday Toy Box Party at the Allen Park High School
- Wed, Dec 12 - Sports & Fitness Club
- Fri, Dec 14 - 1/2 Day for Students
What we are Learning:
- Reading - Using our new "Journeys" curriculum, we've been focusing on historical fiction and visualizing.
- Word Study - Based on a new assessment, word study groups have been changed. All groups have new words. As a reminder, students are able to retake tests if they did not master the words the first time.
- Writing - Our focus is on persuasive writing.
- Math - We will be focusing on double and triple digit multiplication for the next several weeks.
- Social Studies - We are turning our attention to the study of US Regions.
- Science - We will begin to study how the earth has changed over time.
- Cooking - Meriah's cookie monster cookie recipe.
- Toys, books, $1 to donate to the HS Toy Box party
- 8 cups white chocolate
- 48 oreo cookies
- blue sanding sugar
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- 96 candy eyes
- Our "Simulated Congressional Hearing" last Friday was a big highlight! They worked so hard and had fun sharing what they had learned with our guests.
- Students have individual reading strategy goals they focus on in our "Daily 5". Ask your child what their goal is.