News & Notes:
- Art in the Sky - Please help make sure your child is wearing an army green/forest green tshirt with no sayings on the back Thursday, June 1 for our Art in the Sky Event. We are excited to see how our art turns out!
- Geocaching - The last week of school we will be going on a Geocache Scavenger Hunt around Bennie and Champaign Park (more details will be coming). The Scavenger Hunt ends with a picnic at Champaign Park. We need 9 volunteers to lead students on the scavenger hunt. New this year, all volunteers must have a background check. The plan is to have the scavenger hunt on Wednesday, June 13 with a rain date of June 14. Please let me know if you are able to join us by May 25 so we can ensure all background checks can be completed before our event. I only have 2 volunteers at this time. Older siblings who are out of school make great geocache chaperones! Forms for background checks are below - or I can send them home with your child.
- Poetry Pal Field Trip - We will be heading to Barnes and Noble with our Poetry Pen Pals from Mrs. Smalley's class. This trip is an opportunity for the Kids in Room 107 to meet their pen pals. There is no cost for this field trip.
- Year End Events - It's hard to believe but we are down to our last few weeks together. Here's some info on upcoming events:
- Mon, June 4 - Poetry Pal Field Trip
- Tues, June 5 - Last day cooking - Hot Fudge
- Wed, June 6 - Room 107 "This I Believe" Ice Cream party
- Wed, June 6 - Library Assembly
- Mon, June 11 - Field Day
- Tues, June 12 - Final MMM
- Wed, June 13 - Geocache Scavenger Hunt and Class Picnic at Champaign Park - Sign Up here to donate to our Class Picnic Lunch
- Thurs, June 14 - Design Squad Engineering Challenge Day (or Rain Date for Geocache)
- Mon, May 28 - No school
- Tues, May 29 - Art in the Sky Assembly
- Thurs, May 31- Art in the Sky event at Lindemann
- Fri, June 1 - Art in the Sky Closing Assembly
- Fri, June 1 - Bennie Color Run, 6:30pm
What We are Learning:
- Reading - We have started to study mythology and are working on our Reader's Theater.
- Word Study - Next week will be our last week of word study.
- Writing -We are reflecting back on our year of learning with writing activities on our favorite books, recipes, science investigation and more.
- Math - We are studying data and graphs.
- Social Studies - We are finishing our study of economics.
- Science - We will be studying how energy can be transferred with the Matchbox Speedometry lessons next week.
Our trip to Dairy Queen to study economics was a HUGE hit last week!
Describe the economics of Dairy Queen. Who are the producers/consumers? Are they selling a good or service? What businesses are DQ's competition? What incentives do they offer?