News & Notes:
- Thank you! - Thank you for all the thoughts and well-wishes for my daughter Ellie. It was a scary week, but I'm happy to report she is recovering well and back at school.
- Volunteer needed - We could really use help sharpening pencils. If you are interested in doing this task at home, please let me know and I'll send home a bag of pencils. Thank you!!
- Scholastic Book Orders - They have been shipped and should arrive any day!
- Progress Reports - Due to my absence last week, progress reports went home Friday, please sign and return.
What are we Learning:
- Reading - We have been focusing on character motivation. We finished "Love, Ruby Lavender" and have begun "James and the Giant Peach" as a whole class. "Book Clubs" have started focusing on reading skills at your child's level.
- Word Study - Each day your child should write what "day" they are on in word study. Day 1 they get new words. Day 5 they take a spelling test.
- Writing - Our focus is writing complete sentences and using proper punctuation and capitalization.
- Math - Our next chapter will be emphasizing estimation, number theory and rounding.
- Studies - We will be learning about civics.
- Science - We have been studying how plants use their external structures to promote growth and survival.
- Cooking - We will be making Ashton's cheese quesadillas on Thursday.
Dates to Remember:
- Mon - 10/9 - Run Club 3:30-4:00
- Tues 10/10 - Dr. Hall guest reads to our class
- Wed 10/11 - DTE 4th grade assembly in the afternoon
- Wed 10/11 - Sports and Fitness Club after school
- Thurs 10/12 - Bennie Literacy Walk
- Thurs 10/12 - Cooking Ashton's Cheese Quesadillas
- 26 small flour tortillas
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- Which part of the preamble to the Constitution was your group assigned to make a poster of? Can you recite (or sing) the preamble? Try this link as a reminder: Schoolhouse Rock