News & Notes:
- MSTEP - we have our second and last MSTEP test on Tuesday. I was so impressed with their stamina and perseverance on the reading test. They really worked hard to show what they know!
- Vocal Music Concert - Our concert is coming up! Thursday, May 17 at 6:30pm. Mr. Skebo says this will be the best concert ever!
- Progress Reports - Progress Reports went home today. Please sign and return them on Monday. If you have any questions, please let me know.
- Mon 5/7 - Run Club 3:30-4:00
- Tues 5/8 - MSTEP Math Test
- Wed 5/9 - Sports and Fitness Club after school
- Thurs 4/26 - Cooking AnnaLeise's Pierogi's
What We're Learning:
- Reading - We will be wrapping up book clubs in the next two weeks and then moving on to Reader's Theater.
- Word Study - Students should be bringing home a spelling test about every five days.
- Writing - We continue working on writing focus and adding details to our writing and are starting our "This I Believe" essays.
- Math - We are studying area and perimeter.
- Studies - Thanks to everyone who helped us interview people from other states! Our last big topic in social studies will be economics.
- Science - We investigated owl pellets this week as a concluding activity to our whole class read of "Poppy". This was a huge hit with the kids!
It was an exciting week in Room 107 ... videoconferencing, cooking, dissecting owl pellets, emerging butterflies! It's a great time to be a Kid in Room 107!!
What types of prey did your owl eat? What is your evidence? (Hint - they should be able to tell you what kinds of bones and quantities they found)