News & Notes:
- The Bennie PTA will be hosting a fundraiser at Kalahari. Details can be found here.
- Spring Sports - I am often out and about in Allen Park on the weekends. I'd love to stop by and see the Kids in Room 107 in action. Let me know when/where your child is playing and I'll try to make a game.
- Scholastic Book Order - I will be placing an order from Scholastic on Friday. Flyers went home last week. You can also order online, directions are here on our website.
- Mon 4/23 - Run Club 3:30-4:00
- Tues 4/24 - In class Regions report due
- Wed 4/25 - Sports and Fitness Club after school
- Thurs 4/26 - Cooking Julia's Chicken and Dumplings and Luke's Dumplings
What we're Learning:
- Reading - All book clubs have both a fiction and non-fiction text. This week most book clubs were asked to read an article of their interest on TweenTribune and complete a current events summary sheet.
- Word Study - Don't forget, students are able to retest their weekly word study spelling tests.
- Writing - We are working on writing focus and adding details to our writing. We have begun to prepare for our "This I Believe" essay.
- Math - We have finished with decimals and will be working on geometry for the next two weeks.
- Studies - The students are working on researching different regions of the US. They will complete their mini project in class. We will be ending our study of the United States region with a "Skype Day" - we will be attempting to interview family and friends across the United States. A flyer will go home on Monday. Please let me know if you know someone who might be willing to speak with us!
- Science - We are exploring how information is transferred over long distances.
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 2 ribs celery
- 4 large potatoes
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup bisquick
- 3 eggs
- After a couple of weeks off, the kids were happy to be cooking again!
- As a whole class we have been reading the book "Poppy". Ask your child to describe the characters of Poppy and Erath. Which is their favorite character and why?