News & Notes:
- Field Trip - We will be heading to UM-D's Environmental Interpretive Center on Tuesday, April 10. We'll be leaving Bennie at 9:00 and returning at 11:30. I could use five family volunteers to join us. We'll be going rain or shine and walking in the woods. Permission slips need to be returned by Tuesday, April 10. (There is an incorrect date on the permission slip. The top date is the accurate one.) Click here for a copy of the permission slip.
- Pump it Up - The PTA has a Pump it Up Fundraiser over Spring Break on April 4th. Click here for more details.
- Newbery Projects - There were some great Newbery presentations. The assignment will be returned after spring break.
- Tues 4/10 - Field Trip to University of Michigan, Dearborn's Environmental Interpretive Center
- Wed 4/11 - Spring Picture Day
- Wed 4/11 - Sports and Fitness Club after school
- Thurs 4/12 - Bennie PTA meeting 6:30pm, childcare provided
What We're Learning:
- Reading - All book clubs will start new books after spring break.
- Word Study - No word study groups have lists that carry over after break. Each day after break two groups will be assigned new words until every group is up and running again.
- Writing - Our focus after break will be on writing conclusions.
- Math - We will be working on
- Studies - We are studying Geography and the United States Regions. We are participating in Journey North's "Mystery Class" project as part of our social studies lesson. Click here to learn more about Mystery Class.
- Science - We are starting to study waves.
- 32 oz ground beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- The kids were so excited to win the PBIS March Madness Basketball Shoot Out! The Big Shoe gets to stay in Room 107 for the rest of the year.
- Convert 2/10 to a decimal.
- Convert 5 31/100 to a decimal