News & Notes:
- WhoosReading - Our PTA fundraiser is in the last seven days. This is the PTA's one fundraiser of the year. If you have not done so already, please consider logging in to your child's account and supporting this critical organization while encouraging your child to read! Clear here for the website. Congratulations to Ashley for being the top reader in the school and to Dylan for being in the top five!
- Newbery Project - Chapter notes are due on March 19th for our Newbery Book Report. Click here for more information on the project.
- Mon 3/12 - School Board Meeting at 7:00pm in the LGI room at the high school
- Tues 3/13 - Dr. Hall Guest Reader
- Wed 3/14 - Kindness celebration at Bennie - wear your PJs
- Wed 3/14 - Cooking Zoey's Turos Csusza
- Wed 3/14 - Sports and Fitness Club after school
- Fri 3/16 - Cooking Katie's Leprechaun Punch & Peyton's Gishy Goo
- Fri 3/16 - Report Cards distributed
What we're Learning:
- Reading - Based on the recent professional development training provided by our district, our 4th grade team has started to implement guided reading groups into our reading blocks. We are excited about this teaching strategy and believe it will benefit our developing readers!
- Word Study - Your child should be bringing home a new set of words each week. Ask them to show you how we sort and work with our words!
- Writing - We are focusing on editing our writing for conventions such as capitalization, punctuation, indenting paragraphs, adding headings, and following friendly letter format.
- Math - We are starting to multiply fractions and will be also working on decimals for the next two weeks.
- Studies - We are studying Geography and the United States Regions. We are participating in Journey North's "Mystery Class" project as part of our social studies lesson. Click here to learn more about Mystery Class.
- Science - We are starting to study waves.
- 2 8 oz tubs cool whip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large can fruit cocktail
- 1 11oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapples, drained
- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained, halved and patted dry
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- 5 3/4 cups refrigerated citrus punch
- 2 cans (12 oz each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 quart lime sherbet, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 limes
Is your mystery class in the northern or southern hemisphere? What have you noticed about your mystery class and others?