News & Notes:
- March is Reading Month is quickly approaching. We'll have our second book report (Newbery Book Report) due at the end of the month. Details to go home on Monday.
- Poetry Reciting - We'll resume next Friday with our weekly poetry reciting. Ask your child what their favorite poem has been so far!
- Wed 2/26 - Sports and Fitness Club after school
- Thurs 3/1 - Bennie PTA meeting 6:30pm, childcare provided
- Thurs 3/1 - Cooking Tyler's Swedish Pancakes
- Fri 3/2 - Bennie Bingo for Books 6:00pm
What we're Learning:
- Reading - 4th grader's need to be able to "Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text". This is a skill we continue to build all year.
- Word Study - Some groups were "on hold" during our short week. All groups will have new words by Wednesday.
- Writing - 4th grader's need to be able to "With some guidance and support from adults, use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing as well as to interact and collaborate with others; " To help develop this skill, some of our writing assignments are done in Google Classroom.
- Math - We continue to work on adding and subtracting fractions. We will be multiplying fractions soon.
- Studies - We will be studying Geography and the United States Regions through February.
- Science - We are starting to study waves.
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 stick butter
- Recess! A definite highlight this week was the ability to go outside for recess again ... no rain, foot and a half of snow or bitter cold. Yeah! We got to run!!
- Tell me about "Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World". In what ways did Shackleton show leadership? Tell me about the "letter" you wrote in your Google Classroom assignment.