News and Notes:
- Thank you - to everyone who was able to come to Meet the Teacher night as well as watch the videos. If you haven't had a chance to watch the videos, check them out here.
- NWEA testing - We will be taking both the reading and math tests in the next two weeks.
- Save the Date - Our Lansing field trip will be on November 8. Please let me know if you are able to join us as a chaperone.
- Mon 9/18 - Run Club begins 3:30-4:00
- Tues 9/19 - School assembly
- Wed 9/20 - NWEA reading test
- Thurs 9/21 - Cooking pancakes
- Fri 9/22 - Allen Park Homecoming Parade at 4:00, Football game at 7:00
What We're Learning:
- Reading - We have been focusing on choosing "good fit books" and making predictions. We are listening to the book "Love, Ruby Lavender" as a whole class.
- Writing - We are building writing stamina and following letter format.
- Math - We start our year working on place value.
- Social Studies - We will be learning about civics.
- Science - We have been studying the phenomenon of how caterpillars turn into chrysalis'.
- Cooking - We will be making pancakes on Thursday.
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 12 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
Cooking for the first time and our Very Merry UnBirthday were the highlights of our week!
What did you notice about the caterpillars and chrysallis when you looked at it under the camera?