News & Notes:
- Biography Project - Students will have about 15 minutes each day after lunch to work on their biography projects in class. This may be enough time for them to complete the project at Bennie - some may need additional time at home.
- Congressional Hearing - We have begun to prepare for our "Simulated Congressional Hearing" on Friday, December 8th at 1:30. This event is a great way for the kids to share their thoughts about what they have learned. Families are welcome to join us. There will be a short reception to celebrate after the presentations.
- Smencils - Holiday smencils will be on sale next week (Tues/Thurs) for $1.
- Wed 11/29 - Sports & Fitness Club after school
- Thurs 11/30 - Cooking Chase H's Great Great Grandma's Shortening Bread Cookies
- Fri 12/1 - First trimester ends
- Fri 12/1 - Mr. Amezcua guest speaker
- Wed 12/6 - Sports & Fitness Club after school
- Wed 12/6 - Cooking Dylan's Oreo Cheesecake
- Fri 12/8 - Simulated Congressional Hearing 1:30, families welcome
What we are Learning:
- Reading - Students have the opportunity to work on their Biography Projects every day right after lunch for 15 minutes. Graphic organizers are due on Friday, December 8th. Click here for more information on the Biography Project.Biography Report
- Word Study - I will be reassessing word study levels this week. Word Study groups may change.
- Writing - We are focusing on "being precise" in our writing language
- Math - We are working on double digit multiplication. Check out a video on one of the multiplication methods we have been using (you may need to create a free account to do so).
- Studies - We have begun to prepare for our simulated Congressional Hearing on December 8th. We hope you can join us!!
- Science - We have begun to study how animals use their external and internal structures to promote growth and survival by exploring the phenomenon of a grizzly bear catching fish. Check out a video of this phenomenon and wonder with us.
- Cooking - We will be making Chase's Great Great Grandma's Shortening Bread Cookies on Thursday and Dylan's Oreo Cheesecake next week.
- 56 oreos
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz cream cheese
Our Common Good Thanksgiving Field Trip was a huge success!
What is your reading strategy learning target? Hint - what did you write on your Daily 5 self-checklist?