News & Notes:
- We've got a big week in Room 107. Check our Halloween page for detailed info on our Halloween schedule.
- We finished observing the phases of the moon - just in time for our Astronomy Test. Review sheets were in the weekly homework packet. Check out our jeopardy game on our science page.
- Next Field Trip - We'll be visiting the Wayne State Planetarium on Friday, November 13. I have room for five chaperones. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us.
- This week's video is under construction ... :)
What we are learning:
- Math - We are focusing on factors, multiples, prime and composite numbers ... all in preparation to begin tackling 2x2 and 2x3 digit multiplication.
- Daily 5 - Individual reading conferences are in full swing. Each student has a reading goal to work on independently during Daily 5.
- Book Clubs - In an effort to help keep the kids on track, I created new, pink, book club assignment sheets. This sheet will help the kids keep track of reading goals and book club assignments. (Each club is different)
- Science - Astronomy test is Thursday.
- Social Studies - We are continuing to study the Constitution. Our main focus this week is the Bill of Rights.
- Cooking - This week we'll be making Aubrey's pasta salad and preparing "pan de los muertos" (bread of the dead) for our Dia de los Muertos celebration.
- Monday, Oct 26 - Last Run Club
- Tuesday, Oct 27 - Bennie Flash Mob videotaping
- Wednesday, Oct 28 - Sports and Fitness, 3:30-4:15
- Thursday, Oct 29 - Cooking Aubrey's pasta salad and pan de los muertos
- Friday, Oct 30 - Room 107 Dia de los Muertos/Halloween Celebration. Details here.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 4 packages active dry yeast
- 8 eggs
- 12 cups flour
- 1 gallon milk (for Halloween Party)
- 26 cups for warm beverages (for Halloween Party)
I was meeting with book club groups in the library, so I was with 4-5 kids at a time. The rest of the kids were working on either a book club assignment or reading their new library books. I literally stopped at one point to look and see if the rest of the class was still behind me! ... my personal highlight this week is truly how wonderful this group of kids are. Everyone was doing "their job" ... completely engaged in what they were doing. It is truly a pleasure to be with such a hard working group of kids. They make Bennie a great place to be! Thank you for sharing your kids with me.
- What is your book club reading goal and book club assignment?
- What are the factors of 16? (1,2,4,8,16)