News & Notes
- PTA Membership - It is once again time for our PTA membership contest. The classroom with the most memberships will win $75 in scholastic dollars. These scholastic can be used by the classroom teacher to purchase new books for their classroom library. Also, the students of the winning class will receive a popcorn snack. Here is a link to the membership hub.
- Weekly Progress Reports - As a way to facilitate communication between home and school, a simple weekly progress report went home today. Look for this each Friday. At the end of the month, you'll receive a more detailed breakdown of the academics. Please sign and return the reports each week - this lets me know you are receiving the information.
- Halloween/Dia de los Muertos - We will be celebrating both Halloween & Dia de los Muertos on Oct. 29. Students are welcome to wear school appropriate costumes. We will be parading outside the school at 10:45 and families are welcome to come watch!
- C3 Club on Wednesday after school
- Friday, October 29 - Halloween parade outside at 10:45am.
- Friday, October 29 - 1/2 day for students, dismissal at 11:30am
What we're Learning:
- Writing - Next week, our writing will focus on our social studies research of the regions of the United States.
- Reading - Our reading focus this week will be comparing and contrasting. Your child meets weekly with their "book clubs". All those assignments including reading goals can be completed in class.
- Social Studies - We are studying geography and US regions. We are beginning a regions research project next week.
- Science - Our last focus in life science will be to develop a model to describe that light reflecting from objects and entering the eye allows objects to be seen.
- Math - Our math focus is on using array models to multiply and multiplying by 10, 100 and 1,000.
- Social Emotional Learning - We begin each day in our "morning meeting" this is a great way to build relationships and check in with each other. Ask your child about the "I love my neighbor who..." game.
- Word Study Words - Word study groups are based on your child's understanding of word patterns using a program called "words their way". Students will be retested before Thanksgiving to determine progress. At that point, groups may be shuffled a bit to best meet their developing needs.
We conducted an experiment on reaction time. Ask your child how this helps us understand the ways grizzly bears use their internal and external structures to promote growth and survival.