News & Notes:
- Food Drive - Truly amazing! Our class is currently in first place in our Food Drive Competition with 169 pounds of food donated this week! All together the 4th grade classes have donated 486 pounds of food!! Last day to donate food is Thursday.
- Kiwanis Donation - Thank you to the Kiwanis Club of Allen Park for donating student dictionaries to our 3rd and 4th grade classes.
- Absent Work - If your child is absent, feel free to check out the "absent work" page on our class website. If needed, I will send home anything that needs to be completed at home after your child returns. Should an extended absence be necessary, I have an at-home learning plan that will be posted to your child's Google Classroom that can support extended at home learning.
- Monthly Math Support - About once a month, I will send home optional math activities and games that can be played at home to support our math learning. December's packet was in student mailboxes today.
- Friday, December 17 - Winter break begins after school next Friday. We'll return on Monday, January 3, 2022.
What We're Learning:
- Writing - We are returning to Friendly Letter Writing - with an emphasis on using details in our writing.
- Reading - Our whole class reading focus next week will be analyzing how characters change over time.
- Social Studies - We are finishing our unit on human migration.
- Science - We've been focusing on Earth science and how Earth changes over time, and comparing how Pictured Rocks was formed to the potholes we see around Michigan.
- Math - We've been doing a lot of great multiplication and division work (as well as measurement conversions) with our Food Drive competition each day.
- Social Emotional Learning - Each day we begin with a class meeting. Sometimes we watch a "Think About It" video from Gonoodle. Here's a link to some of their videos online.
How do you calculate how much food has been donated each day? For example if 12 cans weighed 15 ounces, tell me how you figured out how much weight that was altogether?