News & Notes:
- Trimester Ends - Our second trimester ended today. Report cards will be available on Friday, March 19
- Whoose Reading - March is Reading month and a part of that is our PTAs annual Whoose Reading challenge and fundraiser. Please help your child log into their Whoose Reading account to record their reading minutes. If you did not receiver the Whoo’s Reading email please contact Wendy Cosgrove at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dentist - The mobile dentist will be coming to Bennie Friday April 23rd. Please sign up here: http://www.myschooldentist.com/
- Newbery Book Report - Reminder: Students should be reading their book-report book at home and at school and taking notes on each chapter as they go. As we near the end of the month I will go over the presentation expectations with the class. (Directions are on their packets).
- Bottles needed - As part of our science unit we will be sowing seeds and growing flowers for the courtyard. Please send in empty 2-liter pop bottles or milk jugs. If possible, please remove all labels.
- Masks - Please ensure while on school property (outside of your vehicles) you and your students are wearing masks appropriately. Students are expected to wear their mask covering nose and mouth unless eating or drinking.
- Wednesday, March 17 - 1/2 day remote learning
- Friday, March 19 - No school for students
What we're Learning:
Beautiful weather means we can take our learning to the Courtyard!
- Continue to work on our March Newbery Award book reports.
- Academic vocabulary: word of the day.
- Word study focus on parts of speech.
- Compare and contrast by identifying similarities and differences within a text.
- Continue to work on genre.
- Students should be on Lesson 9
- Use place value to multiply multi-digit numbers.
- We will also review multiplication & division strategies.
- Focus on complete sentence writing with capitalization and punctuation.
- Using quotation marks.
- Study waves through investigating the phenomena of a shipping container of Doritos that washed up on a beach.
- The study of human geography.
- Push and pull factors that inspire people to migrate to new places.