News & Notes:
- Clever touch - I am excited to share that we have been selected as one of the elementary pilot classes for the district's implementation of new technology. Our Clever touch board was installed this week. I will be participating in an upcoming training to explore how we can best use this equipment to benefit student learning. For now, we're all a little wow'd with some of it's fun new features - like we can turn it into a white board and write on it!
- Planners - Due to our changing tech this week, we have not been completing planners. We'll resume our daily planner completion next week.
- Weekly Progress Reports - It's been a little over a month that weekly progress reports have been going home in addition to the monthly longer report. I am interested in your feedback on the reports. Please take a moment to answer this brief survey.
- Spirit Week - Next week is Spirit Week and our Bennie Book Fair. Here's the info on our spirit days:
- Super Bowl - Monday
Jungle - Tuesday
Wacky Hat - Wednesday
Crazy Sock - Thursday
Bobcat Blue - Friday
- Super Bowl - Monday
- Mon, Feb 3 - Book Fair Preview
- Wed, Feb 5 - Book Fair Buying
- Wed, Feb 5 - Sports & Fitness Club
- Thurs, Feb 6 - Great Chocolate Chip Cookie Bake Off - featuring recipes from Addison, Wyatt & Ethan
What we're Learning:
- Reading - Our focus is on identifying main ideas and providing supporting details.
- Word Study - As a reminder, students are welcome to take a retest if they are willing to practice the words and would like to try again.
- Writing - We are working on identifying the differences between persuasive, informative and entertaining writing through practicing all three types of writing with one common topic.
- Math - We are practicing division daily. We are also working on adding, subtracting and comparing fractions.
- Science - We have wrapped up our investigation of pictured rocks and will be exploring a new phenomena next week.
- Social Studies - The kids are working on a regions project in class. Final posters are due next Monday.
- Cooking - We'll be making three chocolate chip cookie recipes this week!
- Classroom Community - Our Kindness jar was full! Our class celebration was a hit!
- 3 3/4 cups butter
- 2 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 package milk chocolate chips
- 3 packages semi sweet chocolate chips
Our clever touch and extra space in the classroom has been a big hit!
What region of the United States are you researching? Can you tell me three fact about your region?