News & Notes:
- Halloween/Dia de los Muertos - We will be celebrating both Halloween & Dia de los Muertos on Oct. 31. Information regarding our celebration will come home on Friday, Oct 25. Families are welcome to join us. The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 9:00-9:45 - Class party
- 9:45-10:30 - Specials class - library
- 10:45 - Bennie Halloween Parade
- 11:30 - 1/2 day dismissal for students
- Progress Reports - Progress reports for October will go home on November 1st.
- Snacks - As a reminder, students are able to eat snack in class at any time (as long as they are not using computers). Please feel free to send in healthy snacks (cookies or candy are reserved for lunch dessert).
- Mon, Oct 28 - Run Club (last day)
- Tues, Oct 29 - Field Trip to the DIA
- Thurs, Oct 31 - Halloween
- 9:00-9:45 Class Party
- 10:45 Halloween Parade
- 11:30 Dismissal
- 40 cups to hold hot chocolate
- 2 gallons milk
- 4 cups peanut butter
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 12 packages milk chocolate stars or hershey kisses
- The Great Pumpkin Caper with our Kindergarten friends was a huge hit this week!
- Daily 5 Self-Checklists are used every day as a way to track work during our literacy block. This week's checklist went home. Ask you child to see their checklist and talk about what books they have been reading, what we've been writing about or the learning targets we've been focusing on.