News & Notes:
- Literacy Walk - The Bennie Literacy Walk Fundraiser is off to a great start! As of Sunday afternoon, we have raised over $5,000! Every dollar helps. Please consider donating and/or sharing our fundraiser on your social media pages. Our class is currently in 16th place overall.
Parent Registration Link
https://www.getmovinfundhub.com/register?school_uuid=5d2de6e76c5fd Correct Bennie School Identifier Code: 5d2de6e76c5fd
School Webpage Link
- Testing Complete - we are done with NWEA testing as a whole class! I am proud of the perseverance the students showed tackling this important assessment.
- Library Books - Please be sure your child returns their library books to school each Thursday.
- Classroom Volunteers - I am looking for classroom volunteers to join us between 1:00-1:45 to play math games with our class. Please let me know if you are able to share a little of your time. (All volunteers will need to complete a district background check.)
- Economics Field Trip - We will be walking to Dairy Queen next week as part of our Economics studies. Families completed a permission slip for "walking field trips" as part of your back to school paperwork so extra permission slips are not needed. The cost of this field trip (the ice cream!) is being covered by the Room 107 field trip fun. Weather depending, I am hoping to go on Tuesday.
- PTA Membership - Please consider joining our Bennie PTA. Your membership helps support things like our Garden Club, whole school assemblies, the purchase of playground equipment and more! Click here for the PTA membership form. Oh and as an incentive, the class with the most memberships will earn books for the classroom!
- Mon, Sept 30 - Run Club
- Tues, Oct 1 - Economics Field Trip (if the weather is good)
- Wed, Oct 2 - Walk to School Day
- Wed, Oct 2 - Cooking Jeremy's 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Thurs, Oct 3 - PTA meeting at 6:30 in the cafeteria
- Fri, Oct 4 - 1/2 Day for Students, Dismissal at 11:30
(If you are able to donate ingredients, please use comment section below. Items are needed by Tuesday this week)
- 2 bag Tostito chips
- 2 large cans of refried beans
- 2 onions
- 2 16 ounce tubs sour cream
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- 2 jars salsa
- 2 bags of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 cups black olives
- 4 tomatoes
We had two monarch's emerge from their chrysalis' last weekend. We let them go in the courtyard Monday afternoon.
We've been listening to Deborah Wiles' book "Love, Ruby Lavender". Ask you child to tell you about what happened at the "pink palace" this week ... and about the newspaper article they wrote about the incident. (Hint - Melba Jane threw a rock and the greenhouse broke killing two of Ruby's chicks.)