News & Notes:
- Thank you - Thank you to everyone who was able to join us in Room 107 for our Student-led Conferences. I am really impressed with all the hard work your children are doing and the thought they put into preparing to meet with you!
- Field Trip - Tuesday we will be going to the Police Station, Fire Station and Nursing Home to bring baskets of muffins as a thank you for their service to our community. This annual trip is a great way to celebrate those who serve the common good. Permission slips are going home today and the cost of the bus will be covered by our Room 107 Field Trip Fund.
- Room 107 Field Trip Fund - As we head into the holiday season people often think of gift giving. I am grateful for the chance to work with your children and gifts are not necessary. Should you like to celebrate the holidays with gifts, I ask you to consider donating to our Room 107 Field Trip Fund. Mrs. Magee in the office is keeping track of the money. She will inform me of who donates to the fund, but not the amounts—so I may recognize the students with thank you notes. We will use the money from our Field Trip fund to offset the costs of future field trips. (This fund covered our trip to Dairy Queen and will pay the bus fees for our Thanksgiving Field Trip.)
We're cooking muffins on Monday.
- Assorted muffin mixes (we need 9 dozen total)
- cooking oil
- 2 dozen eggs
- muffin paper cup holders
- Tues, Nov 26 - Common Good Thanksgiving Field Trip
- Tues, Nov 26 - 1/2 day for students, dismissal at 11:30
- Wed, Nov 27 - Sun, Dec 1 - Thanksgiving Break
- Meeting with you in Room 107 and talking to you about what we've been learning was a highlight this week!
- Describe your model of how the grizzly bear catches the fish. What structures does the bear use or need to be able to catch the fish?