News & Notes:
- Weather - We go out for recess every day weather permitting. Please be sure to send your child with warm weather gear so they will be more comfortable on our colder days.
- Wed, Nov 12 - Family Map Homework
- Wed, Nov 12 - Sports and Fitness
- Wed, Nov 12 - Cooking Puerto Rican Sandwich de Mezcla
- 3 loaves of white bread
What We're Learning:
- Reading - We are reading "Esperanza Rising" as a whole class. Student book clubs meet on Tuesday of each week. All book club assignments are able to be completed in class.
- Writing - Students used a story map to help with their writing project this week. We focused on both details and dialogue in our writing.
- Math - We have begun double digit multiplication. Students will learn a variety of strategies to solve double digit multiplication. The more fluent the kids are with basic multiplication, the easier these more challenging problems will be.
- Science - We are investigating how plants use their internal and external structures to promote growth and survival.
- Social Studies - We are starting our unit on the United States regions. Family homework assignments went home on Friday. Please send the maps back by Wednesday.
- Cooking - We'll be making Puerto Rican Sandwich de Mezcla this week!
- Classroom Community - We all write in our gratitude journals each day. Ask your child what are some of the things they were grateful for this week.
- Cooking ... our science investigation ... our new "mindful moment" sphere ... were all highlights this week.
- What did you observe in your celery investigation? Can you draw a model of how water moves through a plant?