News & Notes:
- Lansing - Monday, Nov 5 is our trip to Lansing! Students and Chaperones must arrive at 7:30am. We will return to Bennie at 4:00pm. Click here for more details.
- Student Led Conferences - Our fall conferences are on Wednesday and Thursday. Please use this link to sign up. Your child will lead the meeting!
What are we Learning:
- Reading - Each week our book clubs are meeting with either myself, Ms. Byrne or Mrs. Ferrante. I am excited to partner with such excellent reading teachers! In addition to their book club goals, students have individual learning strategies that they are working on during our Daily 5. Ask your child what their reading strategy is.
- Word Study - Students will be reassessed on their word study level next week. Based on their current progress, word study groups may change slightly after Thanksgiving.
- Writing - Our focus this week was on paragraph starters.
- Math - We continue studying factors and multiples.
- Social Studies - We are studying the history of the US Constitution and how our government is organized and preparing for lansing
- Science - This week we noticed the seasonal changes in our neighborhood (on our walk on Tuesday) and used this as a focus for exploring how plants use their internal structures to support survival.
- Cooking - This week we made two Mexican Hot Chocolates!
Halloween and Dia de los Muertos was the highlight of our week!
- What are you most interested in seeing at the Michigan State Capitol? (Hint - what was more interesting to you in the capitol video or book?)