News & Notes:
- DTE Energy Kits - We had a great presentation by DTE! Thank you for returning the Home Energy Worksheets. Our class is eligible for a grant based on the completion of the worksheet.
- Little Casears PIzza Party - If you eat Little Caesars pizza, save your pizza box proof of purchase and send them in to our class. We can earn a free pizza party.
- Halloween - Halloween will be a 1/2 day. We have art at 9:45-10:30 and the school parade is at 10:45. We will have a short, very short Halloween/Dia de los Muertos celebration from 11-11:30. We'll enjoy Mexican Hot Chocolate and watch a video clip from "Coco". Families are welcome to join us.
- Lansing - Permission Slips have gone home for our trip to Lansing on Nov 5. Volunteer background check forms are due as soon as possible. These forms are needed for adults to attend. Student permission slips and field trip money for both students and chaperones are due on November 1.
- Food Drive - This fall Arno, Bennie & Lindemann will be participating in Mimi's Mission - a food drive for downriver children in need.
- Mon, Oct 22 - Run Club 3:30-4:00
- Wed, Oct 24 - Sports & Fitness Club
- Thurs, Oct 25 - Cooking Claire's "Mom's Tacos"
What we are Learning:
- Reading - Student book clubs have weekly reading goals and assignments. All reading and assignments can be completed in class. Students are able to bring the work home if they would like. We are focusing on making connections with the text, making predictions and identifying important information.
- Word Study - All students have word study/spelling words. You can check their planner to see what "day" they are on. "Day 1" they get new words. "Day 5" they will test.
- Writing - Our focus this week was using 'Friendly Letter Format".
- Math - We are studying factors and multiples.
- Social Studies - We are studying the history of the US Constitution and how our government is organized.
- Science - We are asking questions and will begin to conduct investigations relating the speed of an object to the energy of an object.
- Cooking - We will be making tacos on Thursday.
- 2 taco seasoning packets
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 28 hard or soft taco shells
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 package Mexican blend shredded cheese
- small sour cream
- 2 bags 5 minute ready white rice
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 lime
- 2 cans refried beans
- Our Detroit Lions Assembly was a big hit this week. Thank you to the Bennie PTA for bringing this event to our bobcats!
- What are the factors of 12 and 24? What factors so they have in common? What is the greatest common factor?
Factors in common - 2,3,4,6,12. Greatest Common Factor - 12)