News & Notes:
- Spring has sprung! Our classroom can be warm. Kids are encouraged to bring in water bottles.
- 3rd quarter report cards were distributed today along with the student self-evaluations.
- Fidgits - For those kiddos who learn best when moving, I have purchased and had donated (thank you O'Riley family!) several fidgits for students to use in school. To avoid any problems, please do not send in fidgits from home. I have plenty to use here!
- Field Trip - Thank you to our field trip chaperones for joining us! It was a beautiful day to walk in the woods.
- Wednesday, April 26 - Sports and Fitness club meets after school
- Thursday, April 27 - Garden Club meets from 3:30-4:30, students dismissed out the front doors of the school
What we are Learning:
- Language Arts - We have begun preparing for our "This I Believe" essay project by listening an essay a day. This will end with the kids writing their own essays. Also, we've been focusing on concept mapping and paragraph transitions in writing.
- Math - We have turned our attention to geometry and are working on angles.
- Social Studies - We are studying Economics.
- Science - Our focus question in science continues to be is "How has the Earth changed over time?" We've been exploring fossils and the Earth's layers and most recently tsunamis.
- Cooking - Thursday will be a soup and salad day as we make Skaya's Taco Salad and Mianna's Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 medium head lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 3 cups nacho cheese Dorritos
- 1 small onion
- 2 jalapenos
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can roasted tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey cheese
- It's been a great week in Room 107 ... so much to be thankful for but our big highlight is the delivery of 300 Scholastic books provided by the district to enhance classroom libraries. We have had so much fun diving into the new books!
- What were some of the books you read from the new book set? Which was your favorite?