News and Notes:
- Cooking - we made our second recipe today - pancakes! The kids are doing a great job learning our Bennie kitchen procedures.
- Toys - If you have any broken or unused electronic toys - something that moved or made a noise or had lights - that you would be able to donate to our class for a science experiment please send them in on Monday.
- Homework - Most days, the kids have about 15 minutes at the end of the day to work on unfinished class work and/or their weekly homework packets!
What we're Learning:
- Language Arts - We are listening to "Love, Ruby Lavender" and working on building reading comprehension skills.
- Word study - All students have received their first set of spelling words. Two groups will test on Monday.
- Math - We'll finish up the first chapter on Monday. We have been studying place value.
- Social Studies - We are studying civics and specifically focusing on the constitution.
- Science - Our main focus this quarter will be energy - however we have detoured with a little bit of life science through our garden exploration and the new "class pets".
- Cooking - We'll be cooking Mayah's Chunky Applesauce this week in honor of the start of fall.
- Mon, Sept.26 - Run Club 3:30-4:00
- Wed, Sept. 28 - Picture Day
- Thurs, Sept 29 - Bennie Back to School Family PIcnic 6:00pm
- Fri, Sept 30 - AP Homecoming Parade 4:00
- 2 cups sugar
- 28 apples
- Electronic, battery operated toys - will not be returned and DO NOT need to work!
Thanks to Larry & Ellen Templin we received a donation of 18 caterpillars of various sizes. We shared a few but are hosting 8 in our room. While harvesting parsley in the garden to feed our caterpillars we found 5!!! additional caterpillars eating the parsley! What an incredible afternoon!
What are the first three words of the constitution? What was part of the preamble was your poster about? (Examples - general welfare, domestic tranquility, establish justice)