News & Notes:
- Scholastic Book Order - Scholastic book order forms have gone home. I will place the order on Friday, March 31st.
- Start the Day Right - We have been focusing on starting our day with a positive message about being kind, trying our best, helping others. Check out today's video clip.
Dates to Remember:
- Wednesday, March 29 - Sports and Fitness club meets after school
- Thursday, March 30 - Room 107 Mac-n-Cheese bake off
- Spring Break - April 1-9
What we're Learning:
- Language Arts - The kids have been working really hard and reading some great books in their Book Clubs. These book clubs allow them to work at their level and talk about what they are reading in small groups. Ask your child what there favorite book club book has been this year.
- Math - For the rest of the third quarter we will be focusing on decimals ... comparing decimals and converting between decimals and fractions.
- Social Studies - We are working on Economics.
- Science - Our focus question in science right now is "How has the Earth changed over time?" We've been exploring fossils and the Earth's layers.
- Cooking - Thursday will be our "Mac-n-Cheese" Bake Off ... three recipes go head to haed! We'll see which one Room 107 prefers.
- 5 cups milk
- 2 sticks butter
- 5 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 1/4 cups elbow macaroni
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 box Kraft mac & cheese
- Our highlight this week was our two guest readers ... Thank you to Mrs. Metzger and Dr. Pittman for joining us!
- Name one decimal that is greater than: 0.45.
- Name one decimal that is less than: 0.09