News & Notes:
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - If you have not yet signed up for a conference next week and would like to speak with me, please use this link to schedule a conference. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d4eacaf28a57-mrs1
- Parent Training - Wednesday, Feb 15 from 6:45-7:30. Join me for a parent training on ways you can support your child in reading and math. My goal is to provide you with tips and tricks that can be easily implemented in your homes!
- Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year - We will be celebrating both Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year on February 14 from 2:00-3:00. Families are welcome to join us! We'll learn a little more about Chinese New Year and have Sweetheart Floats as a treat! Please let me know if you can join us.
Dates to Remember:
- Monday, February 13 - Cooking Justin's Cheesy Potatoes
- Tuesday, February 14 - Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day celebration from 2:00-3:00
- Wednesday - Thursday, February 15-16 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- Wednesday, February 15 - Optional Room 107 Parent Training from 6:45-7:30
- Thursday, February 15 - NO TECH CLUB due to conferences
- Monday-Tuesday, February 20-21 - Midwinter Break. No school.
What are we Learning:
- Language Arts - I will be assessing the kids' word study level for a third time this week. Based on the results, word study groups may change as students demonstrate mastery of word study levels and/or the need for additional practice.
- Math - Fractions, fractions, fractions - our focus for the next quarter will predominately be fractions. We'll continue to review double digit multiplication and long division.
- Social Studies - Our focus continues to be regions and geography. As part of this study we will be participating in Journey North's mystery class project. Click here for more details. We have also been studying maps.
- Science - We are studying how plants and animals use external and internal structures to survive in their environments.
- Cooking - We'll be cooking Justin's Cheesy Potatoes
Wishlist (needed for Tuesday):
- 2 gallons ice cream
- 2 2-liters of red pop
- 40 plastic cups
- (for Valentine's Day Sweetheart Floats)
- Our new class book "Bud, Not Buddy" has been a highlight this week! Ask your child what Bud is up to!
- How many ways can you decompose the fraction 8/10? (Hint - possible answers include 4/10 + 4/10; 7/10 + 1/10; 3/10 + 5/10)