News & Notes:
- Cold Weather Gear - Students go outside for recess on most days, please be sure to dress your child for the weather. Letters went home detailing the policy.
- Concert - The Bennie holiday vocal concert is Tuesday evening at 7:00. Mr. Skeebo has sent home details about the concert. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Missing Assignments - Starting on Friday, students will fill out a form for you and I to sign when there is a missing assignment. Hopefully, this change in policy will help ensure you are aware when they are missing something.
- Progress Reports - All progress reports have gone home. Please sign and return them so that I know you received the update.
- Holiday Festivities -
- Tuesday, December 20 Heartland - we will be joining Mrs. Simonds class to sing a few Christmas carols and give gifts to the residents of Heartland Nursing Home.
- Friday, December 23 we will be having a class potluck to celebrate the season. If you are able to send in a dish to share, please use the attached sign up genius. Families are welcome to join us for our potluck. Set-up from 12-12:20 ... potluck from 12:20-1:00 (we'll play some holiday bingo too!) Signup Genius link
- Tuesday, December 20 - Concert Rehearsal at AP Center for the Arts 9:00am
- Tuesday, December 20 - Field Trip to Heartland Nursing Home with Mrs. Simond's class 10:30-11:30am
- Tuesday, December 20 - Concert at AP Center for the Arts 7:00pm
- Wednesday, December 21 - Sports and Fitness Club after school
- Thursday, December 22 - Cooking Emma's Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Thursday, December 22 - Tech Club 3:30-4:30, students dismissed out the front of the school
- Friday, December 23 - Class Potluck 12:00 set-up, 12:20-1:30 potluck
What are we Learning:
- Language Arts - We have been talking about character traits and comparing and contrasting characters from multiple texts. We have begun our next whole class book, "Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World".
- Word study - My goal is to not carry any word lists over the break. I think we're on track to wrap up all current lists before next Friday.
- Math - We continue to practice double and triple digit multiplication and have started long division.
- Social Studies - As part of our geography studies we will be learning about the different types of maps. We've been looking at the map of the world as we've been talking about the adventures of Earnest Shackleton and the crew on the Endurance. (our whole class book)
- Science - We are studying how plants and animals use external and internal structures to survive in their environments.
- Cooking - We'll be cooking Emma's Chocolate Elcair Cake on Thursday.
Our Toys for Tots party was a great way to celebrate the season ... share a little joy in giving a gift, eat some great cookies and listen to the HS Jazz band play holiday music ...oh and we took a picture with Santa!
Show me how you multiply 23 x 14. Which method do you prefer to use? (We've learned three different strategies to solve this problem and students are encouraged to use the method they like best.)