News and Notes:
- Flexible Seating - Room 107 will be joining the third grade classrooms in piloting a "flexible seating classroom". My plan is to begin to transform our classroom in December. Here's a four minute video clip on Flexible Classrooms to give you a visual on what we'll be working on. More details will be coming after Thanksgiving. Play the video.
- Field Trip - As we wrap up our studies of Civics, our class will be taking a field trip on Tuesday, November 22 to thank some of the people in Allen Park who serve the common good. We'll be baking muffins on Monday and then delivering cards and our baked goods to the Fire Station, Police Station and Nursing Home.
- Homework Packet - There is no homework packet for the Thanksgiving break. A modified packet will be sent home on Monday, November 28.
- Conferences - Please use this signup genius link to sign up for your parent/teacher/student conference. This fall our conferences are student-led and your child will lead the meeting discussing their progress in 4th grade. I look forward to seeing you after the Thanksgiving break.
- Monday, November 21 - Cooking Muffins for our Field Trip
- Tuesday, November 22 - Common Good Field Trip to the Fire Station, Police Station and Nursing Home
- Wednesday, November 23-Sunday, November 27 - Thanksgiving Break
- Muffin mixes assorted flavors
- Headphones (earbud type)
- Our congressional hearing was a wonderful success. Dr. Hall, Mrs. Metzger, Mr. Hales and Charlie from Representative Debbie Dingell's office all expressed how impressed they were with our class!
- What is something you can do to serve the common good at home, at Bennie, in your neighborhood?