News & Notes:
- It has been a great (and hot!) start to our school year in Room 107!
- Thank you to everyone who sent in classroom supplies. I do appreciate your support.
- If you haven't done so already, please complete and return all the back to school paperwork.
- Run Club - If your child is interested in Run Club, please sign up by September 19. Click here for the online sign up.
- Remind - I will be using Remind to help keep you informed on the happenings in Room 107. Please sign up to receive text messages here.
- Homework - The "meet the teacher" video clips will go live Sunday afternoon. I'll send out a group email to let you know when the page is "live".
- Thursday, Sept. 15 - Meet the Teacher Night at 7:00pm
- Friday, Sept. 16 - Room 107's Very Merry Un-Birthday Party. Invitations will go home on Monday.
What We're Learning:
- Language Arts - We have begun our first "whole class" book, "Love, Ruby Lavender". Students also took the BEAR spelling test. This data will be used to create word study spelling groups that are just right for your student.
- Math - We have begun to work on "mad math" multiplication and the kids took the pre-test for Chapter 1 of our new math books "Math in Focus". Our first unit will cover place value.
- The "Name Game" we played on the first day of school was a big highlight for many of the kids ... have them tell you about it.
- How would you describe Ruby Lavender? Why did Mrs. Klein choose this book to start the school year? (Answer for you adults - Ruby is very funny! She is 9 years old and in the 4th grade. Deborah Wiles the author uses great imagery throughout the book ... for example, the way she described Melba Jane's shoes "tap tap tappity tap".