**I liked the fonts when I chose this template ... but I couldn't hear the music at that point. It's not as upbeat as I would have liked! Stay tuned for a different format next week!**
News and Notes
- Thank you to everyone who was able to attend Meet the Teacher night. It was great to meet so many of you!
- Permission Slips for the Lansing field trip are going home today. There is one spot left on the bus for a chaperone. Additional chaperones are welcome to join us, however you will have to arrange your own transportation to the capital.
What are we learning?
- Math - We are studying place value and practicing multiplication daily.
- Daily 5 - We will be using the Daily 5 model for Language Arts instruction this year. The kids have been working on word study, daily writing and partner reading (EEKK) ... we'll add the last two parts of Daily 5 next week.
- Science - We explored the relative size of the sun, moon & earth
- Writing - We continued letter writing this week by writing to you and our poetry pen pals.
- Social Studies - We began our unit on Civics.
- Monday, September 21 - Run Club 3:30-4:00
- Thursday, September 24 - Walking field trip to the Allen Park Library (there is no cost for this field trip)
The kids found a caterpillar in the Bennie garden. It has been placed in a caterpillar tent and is now our class pet. Everyone is very excited about our bug!
Each week I'll give you a question or two that you can ask your child about what we are learning in class.
- What is going on with Ruby Lavender and Melba Jane? How does Ruby feel about her grandmother Miss Eula?
- How many multiplication problems can you do in a minute? What does your mad math bar graph look like?
- Who do you EEKK with?