News & Notes:
- Our field trip to the library was a huge success. Information on how to log in to the library's e-book check out system will be coming home on Monday.
- MAP testing is scheduled to begin next week. This year we are only testing Reading and Math. We will no longer be testing Language Arts.
- Wishlist - we will start cooking next week. Each week I will put "wishlist" ingredient items on the blog. Any help is appreciated!
What we are learning:
- Math - We are studying place value and practicing multiplication daily.
- Daily 5 - All kids have now received their first set of word study words in their small groups. They should bring home a set of words to practice at home.
- Book Clubs - All kids have a "book club" book. We will meet each Monday and set reading goals for the week.
- Science - We explored the concepts of rotation and revolution
- Writing - Our visual writing prompt this week had the kids writing about Diego Rivera's sunflower and calla lily art.
- Social Studies - We've been discussing the preamble.
- Monday, Sept 28 - Run Club 3:30-4;00
- Tuesday, Sept 29 - Bennie Fall Garden Clean Up, 6:00pm
- Thursday, Oct. 1 - 4th Grade Literacy Walk during school, Bennie PTA meeting, 6:30pm
- Friday, Oct 2 - Lansing Field trip, 7:30 arrive at school - 3:30 return to school
- Friday, Oct 2 - Bennie Family Movie Night
- 1 dozen eggs
- 4 boxes of cake mix (nut free, any flavor)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 cans frosting
- Our caterpillar is now in the chrysalid phase. We've done a little research and believe it is a swallowtail butterfly.
- If you were the earth, can you show me how the earth rotates on its axis? How long does the earth take to rotate on its axis?