News & Notes:
- Thank you to the families who volunteered to chaperone our field trip. All spots have been filled. There is no cost for this field trip.
- Congressional Hearing - our simulated "Congressional Hearing" will take place on Thursday, November 12 at 11:00. The kids will be acting as "expert witnesses" on the Constitution and the responsibilities of citizenship. We've been working hard to prepare for this event. Each student will answer two specific questions. Families are welcome to join us for this event - a brief reception will follow the presentation.
What are we learning:
- Math - Our math test is on Tuesday, Nov 10. The review sheet is in their weekly homework packet.
- Daily 5 - Starting this week, if a student scores less than 75% on a word study spelling test, instead of EEKK reading (reading with a partner), they will work on their word study words for an extra round. This will give the kids who need it extra time to practice.
- Biography Projects - Finished projects are due on Monday, November 16. Kids can present early if they finish the project early.
- Science - Our last astronomy event will be our field trip to Wayne State University's planetarium.
- Social Studies - Join us for our Congressional Hearing!
- Cooking - This week we'll be making Steven's pudding pie and Emmery's cheesecake to enjoy at our reception on Thursday!
- Wednesday, Nov. 11 - Sports and Fitness Club
- Wednesday, Nov. 12 - Cooking Steven's Pudding Pie and Emmery's Cheesecake
- Thursday, Nov. 12 - Congressional Hearing 11:00, families welcome
- Friday, Nov. 13 - Wayne State Planetarium field trip.
- Friday, Nov. 13 - End of first quarter
- Monday, Nov. 16 - Biography projects due
- 2 boxes graham crackers
- 4 packages of instant lemon pudding (large)
- 4 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 2 large containers of cool whip
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 quarts of half and half
- 2 large packages of instant chocolate pudding
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts
- paper plates
- plastic forks
- We have enjoyed the decorations we made for Dia de los Muertos and our alter to remember those we loved who have passed away. (All pictures and items went home today)
- According to the Founders, what are the basic purposes of government? (Answers should include protecting our rights to life, liberty and property)