News & Notes:
- We are almost finished MAP testing as a class.
- Student Progress Reports - All reports were distributed by Friday. Please sign and return as soon as possible.
- Thank you to all the parents who were able to help out last week ... from the Literacy Walk to our Lansing Field Trip. We couldn't do these things without your support!
- Lunar Diaries need to be completed each day ... this month long project helps create a deeper understanding of the phases of the moon.
What are we learning:
- Math - We are studying place value, rounding and multiple ways to approach addition and subtraction.
- Daily 5 - All elements of Daily 5 are in action. The kids were excited to start using the technology to "listen to a book" this week.
- Book Clubs - We are wrapping up our first set of fiction and non-fiction books with our "Book Clubs". All Book Club assignments can be completed in class.
- Science - We continue to explore the phases of the moon.
- Writing - This quarter our focus is capitalization, punctuation and writing in complete sentences.
- Social Studies - We have been studying the three branches of government.
- Monday, Oct. 12 - Run Club 3:30-4:00
- Wednesday, Oct 14 - Cooking oatmeal cookies
- Wednesday, Oct 14 - Sports and Fitness Club
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups butter or margarine
- 12 cups Quaker Oats
- 4 cups flour
- dish soap
- One of the big highlights this week was creating our oreo cookie model of the phases of the moon. I hope the kids were able to teach you with the cookie they brought home!
- What are the three branches of government?
- Who is the head of the Executive Branch for the United States?
- Who is the head of the Executive Branch for the state of Michigan?