News & Notes:
- Whooo's Reading - Thank you to the families who have helped log your child into the "whooo's reading" program. Class incentives will be based on the number of reading minutes. This fund raiser will support funding for the remaining PTA sponsored programs for this school year and for two large projects: *An Outdoor Learning Center for the courtyard *More Chromebooks and/or iPads for classroom use. If we hit our reading minutes goal, participating students will get to duct tape Mrs. Metzger to the gym wall!
- Third Quarter progress reports went home today, March 4th. As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
- Mstep Practice - We will be taking the Mstep state standardized test online this spring. To ensure the kids are ready for the online test, we have begun exploring the Mstep practice site. If you are interested in seeing what the test looks like and/or learning more about it, click here.
- Box Tops - The PTA collects box tops as a way to raise funds for the school. Keep sending in those box tops!
What are we Learning:
- Math - We continue to work on fractions ... heading toward multiplication of fractions. Our fraction math test will be on March 16th. Did you know we are now working on 3 minute "mad math" division and 2 minute "mad math" multiplication?
- Daily 5 - For our March is reading month we are taking a closer look at genres. The kids will be graphing the types of books they read during the month.
- Science - We will start planting seeds for our courtyard garden next week as we switch to Life Science.
- Social Studies - We continue to study regions and geography.
- Cooking - Next week we'll be making Sophia's "Grandma Caldarona's No Bake Cookies".
- Monday, March 7 - Mrs. Metzger guest reader
- Wednesday, March 9 - Sports and Fitness Club
- Saturday, March 12 - PTA/PTSA Spring Fever Event at APHS
- paper plates
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 12 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups peanut butter
- What is your current score on your mad math division and multiplication? What do your bar graphs look like (are you steadily improving or is your progress more up and down)? And what are you doing to help improve your score?