News & Notes:
- When we head into our study of life science, we will need 27 empty, clear 2 liter bottles for an on going science experiment. If you are able to donate a bottle that would be very helpful!
- Congratulations to the kids who did not use their homework pass and had no missing assignments in the second quarter. We will have a celebration pizza lunch on Friday, Feb 26!
What we are learning:
- Math - We are working on adding and subtracting fractions. Did you know we practice long division and double digit multiplication every day!
- Daily 5 - Each week the Kids in Room 107 have in class Book Club reading goals and assignments. These activities are designed to build fiction and non-fiction reading comprehension.
- Science - We are studying states of matter.
- Social Studies - We are studying regions and geography. Our Mystery Class project has kicked off with our first sunrise/sunset times graphed. Click here to learn more about Journey North's Mystery Class project.
- Cooking - Next week we'll be making John's Strawberry & Banana Jello Mold.
- Tuesday, Feb 23 - Tech Club 3:30-4:30
- Wednesday, Feb 24 - PTA/PTSA Founder's Day
- Thursday, Feb 25 - Mardi Gras of Math
- Friday, Feb 26 - Homework Pass Reward Lunch
- 2 large strawberry & banana jello packages
- 2 smallest cool whip (low or no fat)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 packages frozen strawberries
- What have you noticed about your mystery class? Is your photoperiod getting shorter or longer? Is it changing by a little bit or a lot each week as compared to the other mystery class sites?