News and Notes:
- Here's a note from Mrs. Metzger - I am asking for your help in completing this short survey to help us with our continuous improvement process at Bennie. In order to utilize the survey results in our School Improvement Plan, at least 20% of our families must be represented in our total responses. Last year, we received 191 responses, and are shooting for an increase this year! We are currently at 177 responses — please help us reach our goal of 200 responses! The survey is open through this Friday, February 12! Click here for the link to the survey.
- Here's a note from Room 107 parent (and PTA President) Mrs. Houchins:
Classroom 107 parents. Mrs. Klein currently has 3 members towards the membership drive. The lead teacher has 5. So just send in that membership so she can shop at the book fair and add some new books to her classroom library! I signed up my husband, father and father-in-law :).
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Wednesday and Thursday are the Winter Parent Teacher Conferences. Conference request letters went home in the Report Card envelopes on Friday. While not every student received a conference request, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please fill free to use this link to schedule a conference.
- Book Fair - The Bennie PTA is sponsoring a book fair all next week. Be sure to stop by the fair and support our PTA.
- Spirit Week February 8-12, 2016. Please see below for each day’s theme:Monday 2/8 — Monochromatic Monday: Wear an outfit in different shades of the same color from head to toe!
Tuesday 2/9 — Tie Dye Tuesday: Wear some fun tie dye gear!
Wednesday 2/10 — Wacky Hair Wednesday: Style your hair in a wacky style! Hair color is ok, but should be washable. Regular hair for the rest of the week!
Thursday 2/11 — Team Thursday: Wear gear from your favorite professional, college, or local team! Team Bennie gear is a fun idea today, too!
Friday 2/12 — Fringe Friday: Find something with fringe to wear to school today!
- Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year - Information on the Room 107 Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year celebration went home earlier in the week. Please let me know if you plan on joining our party from 1:30-2:30.
- Recess - As a reminder, we go out every day the weather is over 20 degrees with wind chill. Students who do not have jackets will stay warm inside the office until recess is over.
What are we Learning:
- Math - Our focus for the next month will be on fractions.
- Daily 5 - Each week the Kids in Room 107 have in class Book Club reading goals and assignments. These activities are designed to build fiction and non-fiction reading comprehension.
- Science - We have finished our unit on electrical circuits. We will be focusing on states of matter and will start life science soon. It's time to start planting seeds for the Bennie garden.
- Social Studies - We are studying regions and geography. Our Mystery Class project has kicked off with our first sunrise/sunset times graphed. Click here to learn more about Journey North's Mystery Class project.
- Cooking - Next week we'll be making Alexis' Guacamole.
- Monday, Feb 8 - Book Fair Preview Day
- Tuesday, Feb 9 - Tech Club 3:30-4:30
- Wednesday, Feb 10 - Book Fair Buying Day
- Wednesday, Feb 10 - Parent Teacher Conferences 5:00-7:30
- Thursday, Feb 11 - Family Training on 4th Grade Reading and Math 6:30-7:30
- Thursday, Feb 11 - Parent Teacher Conferences 5:00-7:30
- Friday, Feb 12 - Room 107 Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year Celebration 1:30-2:30
- Mon-Tues, Feb 15-16 - No school!
- 4 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 tomato
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- Did you wire your house using batteries in parallel or series? And why did you chose that method?
- Did you wire your house using light-bulbs in series or parallel? And why did you chose that method?