News and Notes:
- Family Fun Night - It was great to see a few of the kids at the PTA's Family Fun Night! Thank you to the families who volunteered their time for this wonderful event.
What we are learning:
- Math - We will continue to practice both multiplication and division in the months ahead. Our focus for the next month will be on fractions.
- Daily 5 - If students score less than 75% on a spelling tests, they will practice their word study words instead of reading with a partner during Daily 5. All students are able to retake spelling tests on Friday.
- Newbery Projects - Newbery book report projects are due on January 28.
- Science - The kids will end their study of electrical circuits by "wiring a house" ... using cardboard boxes and our electrical circuit supplies.
- Social Studies - Thank you for helping the kids with their maps. We will taking all their information and combining it on three large maps to hang in our hallway.
- Cooking - Next week we'll be making Ava's Grandma's Ellie's Szarlotka (Polish Apple Pie)
- Tuesday, Jan 26 - Tech Club 3:30-4:30
- Wednesday, Jan 27 - Sports and Fitness Club
- Thursday, Jan 28 - Newbery project due
- Friday, Jan 29 - End of first semester
- 4.5 pounds of apples
- It was fun to see the individual flashlight designs that the kids constructed in their science groups ... now onto houses!
- Tell me about the key components needed to create your flashlight. After seeing the other groups designs, what would you change in your design to enhance your flashlight.