News and Notes:
- I hope everyone had a wonderful break! The kids' Dear Mrs. Klein letters and Daily Writing Journals were filled with stories of family fun and exciting presents! It was fun to hear about their time off.
- We are using both the class ipads and the school chromebooks more and more. Several of our class earbuds/headphones have broken. If your child has a set of earbuds/headphones they are able to bring in for their personal use we could really use them!!
- Scholastic Book Orders - I figured out what I did wrong last time and am going to try it again! If you are interested in ordering books, the due date is January 22.
What are we learning:
- Math - We are moving from double digit multiplication to long division. We will have a quiz on double digit multiplication on
- Daily 5 - Based on the assessment test, I have shuffled a few of the word study word groups. Your child's words may seem a little different from the patterns they were working on before break (and some will not!). All kids have their new words. Are they bringing them home?
- Newbery Projects - Newbery book report chapter notes are due on January 18.
- Science - We are studying electricity and electrical circuits.
- Social Studies - Along with our study of the US regions, we have begun to prepare for the Mystery Class project. Check out Journey North's website for more information on this program.
- Cooking - Next week we'll be making Ava's Grandma's homemade spaghetti
- Tuesday, Jan 12 - Tech Club 3:30-4:30
- Wednesday, Jan 13 - Sports and Fitness Club
- Wednesday, Jan 13 - Bennie Science Fair (project is optional for our class)
- Friday, Jan 15 - No school for students! Staff professional development day.
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 2 jars of any brand spaghetti sauce
- 2 boxes of elbow noodles
- Working with our electrical circuits has been a highlight with the kids this week! Next week, we'll construct flashlights!
- What did you notice about the amount of daylight (or photoperiod) in Allen Park between August and December? (decreasing by about an hour a month)
- What is the setting for the new class book "Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World"? (a ship called "The Endurance" and Antartica)