News & Notes:
- Holiday Happenings - there will be a lot of fun holiday activities in our class over the next two weeks. Click here for the details.
- Field Trip Account – In lieu of gifts to me this holiday season, I would like you to consider donating to our class Field Trip Account. Mrs. Jones in the office is keeping track of the money. She will inform me of who donates to the fund, but not the amounts—so I may recognize the students with thank you notes. We will use the money from our Field Trip fund to offset the costs of future field trips.
- Progress Reports go home next week.
What are we learning:
- Math - Still working on 2x2 digit multiplication. Check out the Math's Mansion video we watched today for another strategy to solve these types of problems. (from the UK)
- Daily 5 - Students who score less than 75% on a word study spelling test, instead of EEKK reading (reading with a partner), they will work on their word study words for an extra round. This will give the kids who need it extra time to practice.
- Newbery Projects - Our next book report project will go home on Monday. I am so excited that John's Aunt Barbara (former librarian) will be joining our class to talk about some wonderful Newbery books. Projects are not due until the end of January.
- Science - We could use a few more .... We are in need of old electronic toys for a class project. Toys do not need to actually work and will not be returned (think Sid's backyard in Toy Story!).
- Social Studies - We are studying the Regions of the United States and geography.
- Cooking - This week we'll be making Vincent's Ham and Cheese Roll Ups and Tyler's Nana's Famous Dip to add to our Room 107 Holiday Potluck on Friday!
- Monday, Dec 14 - Mrs. Schumer's Newberry Book Presentation
- Tuesday, Dec 15 - Field Trip to Heartland Nursing Home
- Tuesday, Dec 15 - Tech Club 3:30-4:30
- Wednesday, Dec 16 - Toy Take Apart Lab
- Wednesday, Dec 16 - Sports and Fitness Club
- Thursday, Dec 17 - Cooking Tyler's Nana's Famous Dip and Vincent's Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Friday, Dec 18 - Class Potluck Holiday Luncheon 12:20-1:15
- 2 8oz cream cheese
- 2 8oz sour cream
- 1 package Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
- 2 bags tortilla chips
- 4 tubes of PIllsbury croissants
- 16 slices of ham
- 4 packages shredded cheddar cheese
- We now have a chromebook cart of a class set of laptops for the 4th grade team! The kids learned how to create and share a google doc!
- Esperanza means "hope". Why is "Esperanza Rising" a good title for the book we just finished? In what ways did Esperanza feel hopeful or demonstrate hope in her actions?