This week's videos:
Thanks to two of our book clubs for this week's videos! Click here to see what the kids were reading.
News & Notes:
- What an exciting week I had! I am thrilled that my trial is over and I was able to return to the classroom.
- Holiday Happenings - there will be a lot of fun holiday activities in our class over the next two weeks. Click here for the details.
- Field Trip Account – In lieu of gifts to me this holiday season, I would like you to consider donating to our class Field Trip Account. Mrs. Jones in the office is keeping track of the money. She will inform me of who donates to the fund, but not the amounts—so I may recognize the students with thank you notes. We will use the money from our Field Trip fund to offset the costs of future field trips.
What are we learning:
- Math - We have begun to work on the partial product method of multiplication. Click this link to watch a video on two of the methods we will be using.
- Daily 5 - Students who score less than 75% on a word study spelling test, instead of EEKK reading (reading with a partner), they will work on their word study words for an extra round. This will give the kids who need it extra time to practice.
- Mini-Biography Projects - The kids conducted research on a famous American in class and completed their projects this week.
- Science - We are turning our focus to the study of electricity & electrical circuits. We are in need of old electronic toys for a class project. Toys do not need to actually work and will not be returned (think Sid's backyard in Toy Story!).
- Social Studies - We are studying the Regions of the United States and geography.
- Cooking - This week we'll be making Tyson's sugar cookies and Shane's frosting
- Monday, Dec 7 - Cooking Shane's Grandma's buttercream frosting and Tyson's easy sugar cookies
- Tuesday, Dec 8 - Toys for Tots party at the High School
- Tuesday, Dec 8 - Tech Club 3:30-4:30
- Wednesday, Dec 9 - Fire Safety Presentation by Mr. Scott
- Friday, Dec 11 - Bennie Gives Back PTA event at 6:00pm ... for more information click here.
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 eggs
- 6 cups butter
- 2 cups crisco
- 2 cups pep milk
- 11 cups flour
I was thrilled that Mrs. Farnham was able to be with the kids all week while I was gone ... that was a big highlight for both the kids and I! Also, I was so excited to see their mini-biography projects when I returned today.