News & Notes:
- Thank you to everyone who came to Day 1 of our conferences. It was great to hear your child tell the story of their learning in 4th grade. I look forward to seeing everyone else on Monday! The kids have worked really hard to prepare for their meetings.
- Science Fair - Information on Bennie's annual Science Fair came home this week. This is a great opportunity to investigate and explore science at home. I encourage everyone to participate. This optional project will not be graded in our classroom.
- Field Trip - In this season of Thanksgiving, and as we have been discussing how to serve the common good in our community, the Kids in Room 107 will be going on a field trip to deliver baskets of muffins to the Allen Park Fire Station, Police Station and Nursing Home. There is no cost for this field trip - but if you are willing to send in a box of muffin mix or a few eggs check out our wishlist! We'll be a muffin baking factory on Monday!
What are we learning
- Math - Our focus until Christmas will be on double digit multiplication and division.
- Daily 5 - Students who score less than 75% on a word study spelling test, instead of EEKK reading (reading with a partner), they will work on their word study words for an extra round. This will give the kids who need it extra time to practice.
- Biography Projects - The kids really worked hard on their projects. Presentation Day was a fun day in Room 107!
- Science - We are turning our focus to the study of electricity & electrical circuits. We are in need of old electronic toys for a class project. Toys do not need to actually work and will not be returned (think Sid's backyard in Toy Story!).
- Social Studies - We will be starting our unit on the Regions of the United States and geography in general after Thanksgiving.
- Cooking - This week we'll be making muffins, muffins, muffins!
- Monday, Nov 23 - 1/2 day and Parent/Student Conferences
- Monday, Nov 23 - Cooking muffins
- Tuesday, Nov 24 - Common good field trip
- Wed-Sun, Nov 25-29 - Thanksgiving Break
- 2 dozen eggs
- 144 muffin cups
- Boxes of assorted muffin mixes (we will make 4 dozen for each stop ... plus some for us!)
- If you could pick one thing that you are most proud of in 4th grade so far, what would it be?
- What is the theme of this month's Monday Morning Movie Clips? What did this week's clip make you think of? (we watched a scene from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory")