News & Notes
- PTA Membership - It is once again time for our PTA membership contest. The classroom with the most memberships will win $75 in scholastic dollars. These scholastic can be used by the classroom teacher to purchase new books for their classroom library. Also, the students of the winning class will receive a popcorn snack. Here is a link to the membership hub.
- Weekly Progress Reports - As a way to facilitate communication between home and school, a simple weekly progress report went home today. Look for this each Friday. At the end of the month, you'll receive a more detailed breakdown of the academics. Please sign and return the reports each week - this lets me know you are receiving the information.
- Halloween/Dia de los Muertos - We will be celebrating both Halloween & Dia de los Muertos on Oct. 29. Students are welcome to wear school appropriate costumes. We will be parading outside the school at 10:45 and families are welcome to come watch!
- C3 Club on Wednesday after school
- Friday, October 29 - Halloween parade outside at 10:45am.
- Friday, October 29 - 1/2 day for students, dismissal at 11:30am
What we're Learning:
- Writing - Next week, our writing will focus on our social studies research of the regions of the United States.
- Reading - Our reading focus this week will be comparing and contrasting. Your child meets weekly with their "book clubs". All those assignments including reading goals can be completed in class.
- Social Studies - We are studying geography and US regions. We are beginning a regions research project next week.
- Science - Our last focus in life science will be to develop a model to describe that light reflecting from objects and entering the eye allows objects to be seen.
- Math - Our math focus is on using array models to multiply and multiplying by 10, 100 and 1,000.
- Social Emotional Learning - We begin each day in our "morning meeting" this is a great way to build relationships and check in with each other. Ask your child about the "I love my neighbor who..." game.
- Word Study Words - Word study groups are based on your child's understanding of word patterns using a program called "words their way". Students will be retested before Thanksgiving to determine progress. At that point, groups may be shuffled a bit to best meet their developing needs.