News & Notes:
- Welcome Back! - We've had a great first week in Room 107! It is truly wonderful to be back at Bennie with your children.
- NWEA testing - we will be NWEA testing next week. The information from this test will help drive our reading and math focus this fall.
- BAS Reading testing - I have already begun to individually read with your students. The reading benchmark assessment will help determine your child's current reading level and will be used to create our guided reading groups.
- Water Bottles - If possible, please send in a reusable water bottle for your child. The disposable bottles are trickier to refill throughout the day - and our room is pretty warm these days! Also, I am requesting water only in the classroom water bottles (other beverages can be in their lunch boxes). We have frequent water bottle spills and it is much easier to clean up when it is only water.
- Chromebooks - Thank you for helping your child remember to bring their chromebooks to school each day. We are off to a great start!
- DTE Think Energy - We will be participating in DTE's Think Energy science program. Each student will receive an "energy action kit" to take home for free from DTE. Please fill out and return this form only if you do NOT want your child to receive the kit.
- Monday, Sept 13 - First day of gym. Be sure to wear tennis shoes
- Wednesday, Sept 15 - NWEA testing
- Wednesday, Sept 15 - "Dot Day" with author Peter Reynolds
- Thursday, Sept 16 - NWEA testing
We've done several observations in our courtyard habitat this week looking for evidence of change. The pumpkin was a big hit! Ask your child what they noticed changing in the courtyard.