News & Notes:
- Welcome back to "Room 107". I hope your well deserved break gave you all a chance to relax and recharge.
- Tips for Learning at Home - Have your child follow a routine as if they're going to school (getting dressed, brushing teeth, etc.) instead of lying in bed in their pajamas, which could lead to less learning.
- Office Hours - As a reminder, Mrs. Mattoon and I have office hours each day to answer any/all questions. She is on Google Meets at 9:15-9:50 and I am on Zoom from 2:15-3:00 each day.
- Technology - Click this link for technology help or call (313) 827-2190.
Supply List for the Week:
- Wed, Jan 6 - 1/2 days every Wednesday
- Wednesday’s are Learning Lab vs. Fourth Grader's Choice!! Make sure to complete all your work so you can have Fourth Grader's Choice.
- Fri, Jan 15 and Mon, Jan 18 - No school for students
What we're Learning:
Social Studies -
- We will continue to discuss the US regions and how regions are divided and classified.
- We will begin our new research project on regions.
- Continue with coding.
- We will introduce our new unit on circuits and electricity!
- We will begin a new unit on fractions!!!
- We will also continue to review multiplication & division strategies.
- We will continue to focus on paragraph writing.
- We will choose a new affirmation for the month of January and write about it.
- We will begin writing and reflecting on an academic goal.
- Book of the day- we will focus on identifying the theme of the book of the day and providing evidence from the text.
- Readworks: we will start using readworks for nonfiction reading. We will begin with the strategy: read the questions first.
In honor of our new science unit on electrical circuits, we read the book "Too Many Toys". We are still collecting used soft electronic toys to "dissect" at the end of January. Please let me know if you have any to donate. We are partnering with Mrs. Ferrante's class and are still in need of approximately 26 toys. They DO NOT have to work!!
- Tuesday we will be setting an academic goal for the week ... Here are a couple of questions to help foster discussion:
- What is your goal for the week in school? What strategies are you going to use to try and achieve that goal?